1. How about starting Lou at PG and having Miller come off the bench like Jason Terry? Terry has shown he can be extremely effective coming off the bench. Mo needs to tell Miller about the goals of this season, which is to develop the young guys. I know people feel that you would be hurting his trade value, but why can't Miller come off the bench and play 5-7 less minutes than he was? Miller is going to be traded soon anyway, goodbye Andre.
2. How about you give major minutes to Jason Smith? Start him and THEN put in Reggie Evans on a need by need basis. Isn't it obvious that this offense and defense run MUCH smoother with Jason Smith in the lineup? Evans cannot start anymore. He's a big reason why this team gets down so early in the game. Sure he's an excellent rebounder, and I love the guy because he gives it all every night, but he doesn't offer anything more than offensive and defensive rebounds.
3. If Thad starts to 'get' it on the court, he makes Korver and Carney extremely dispensable. Carney has been a complete disapointment, and Korver has only one tool that is better than Thad right now, the three point shot. But Thad is a very good shooter and does have range out to three. Thad is a very fluid scorer. He is something special. Scoring appears natural to him, which I like. His dribbling needs work, no big deal. The foursome of Smith, Lou, Iggy and Thad playing on the same court together is something we should be hopefully seeing a lot in the near future. They are the future of the 76ers, bottomline, and I like what I'm seeing from them early on.
4. Scoring. I think, in the future, the Sixers are going to be one heck of a offensive team. Williams has shown he can put the ball in the hoop without effort. Iggy is a reliable scorer, 20 per game. Thaddeus is showing signs of what he may become, which is a pure, natural scorer in the mold of Paul Pierce and Antawn Jamison. Don't forget about Jason Smith who has impressed me more than anybody so far this season. He is fearless, has excellent hands around the rim and he attacks the rim hard. He hasn't even learned any moves in the paint. What happens when he does that? His first step and athleticism and excellent mid range game are all the incredible tools he could use as he develops his game.
5. Why the heck must Reggie Evans try to score the ball every time he gets in the paint? He tries to make any kind of move and walks every time. Has anyone told Reggie that this is...um...u know... EMBARASSING! I find it hilarious. In fact, lets make a drinking game out of it. Every time Evans walks with the ball you have to bong a beer, in hopes to forget about the play you just saw. Aw $hit, I'm drunk already lol. jk.
6. Carney, what happened to Carney? He has been given every chance to make a name for himself but he has such difficulty getting into any kind of rhythm or momentum with the flow of the offense. It's a shame. I think it's the half court offense that is slowing him down. I'm a Carney guy, I like him and I think he is more talented than the majority of the Sixers' roster. I just hope we're able to draft Derrick Rose or Michael Beasley so we'd become more of a uptempo offense. Hopefully that uptempo offense could jump start, or should i say, resurrect Carney's career.
7. Calvin Booth. Calvin Booth. Calvin Booth. Why is he on this team? Are you flipping telling me we couldn't find a young kid with more talent than Calvin Booth? Don't even get me started on Amundsen. I really hope the Sixers obtain multiple draft picks this year so we can begin to round out our roster. Having these scrubs on our team is embarrasing.
8. On kind of the same topic, (this doesn't necessarily bother me), but how good must it feel to be Herbert Hill? The Sixers are in such a mess right now offensively and defensively that Mo and the FO may just give Herbert Hill the chance for major minutes. Hill will take the place of Calvin Booth and LA on the roster and use those minutes to help with offensive and defensive rebounding. I firmly believe you have to earn how many minutes you get to play, but Hill is going to be thrown into the fire extremely quick.
9. Jersies. I don't want to see the black jersies anymore. Those red jersies are without a doubt the best jersey in the nba. I absolutely love the retro, red Phila jersies. When Rose or Beasley come to the Sixers, I'm going to be the first one in line getting the Phila jersey with one of their names on the back. Get rid of the black jersies, they're worthless and only get us more fouls lol. On road games rotate between red and blue Phila jersies, and I'll compromise saying that they can keep the white Sixers jersies they use for home games.
10. Billy King has to talk to Mo Cheeks about goals and aspirations about the 07-08 season. Willie Green averaging over 28 minutes per game is an absolute joke. Reggie Evans should not be averaging 28 minutes per game, pathetic. Louis Williams should not be averaging 20 minutes per game, pathetic. Even worse, Andre Miller should not be averaging over 30 minutes per game, pathetic. Smith and Williams have been the Sixers' most consistent players and Smith only gets 18 minutes per game. Mo NEEDS to switch Evans' minutes for Smith's minutes soon. This season is about developing the youth, not giving them glimpses of daylight and stashing them on the bench. Play the young guys! What do we have to lose?